Friday 3 September 2021

Adam Hall ( DLO )

 Hello Blogger's

    ADAM HALL

When our 1st  goggle meet ever started, after that for homework we had to pick an athelte and write about them on a DLO. The really weird thing was that the teachers wrote that there was 206 to chose from but there was acctully 8.. I know wierd but anyways I chose Adam Hall he is in the paralympics (skiing). He got one bronze and 1 gold but the rest of the informatoin I will tell you later. I was suppose to do it on monday but .... I did it on tuesday insted, I did finish it on wensday there is no room left for me to do more. one of  my facts are: In 2016 Adam won gold medals in Downhill as well as the standing Slalom at the World Cup finals in Aspen and finished the season ranked third overall in the world for men’s standing Super-G and Downhill Standing. The 2017 season started with a bang as Adam won a bronze medal at the 2017 Para Alpine Skiing World Championships in Italy.  At the 2018 PyeongChang Paralympics Adam received the Whang Youn Dai Achievement Award, given to only two Paralympians who best embody the spirit of the Paralympic movement, and is the only New Zealander ever to have received it. Adam was made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in the Queen’s Birthday Honours, for services to sport. And one more: was born in 9 October 1987 and I was Diagnosed at birth with spina bifida. Adam says he’s “lucky” because he is mobile and able to walk. Oh and I forgot to mention I do skiing. Adam Hall also does cricket and ice hockey as well.








4 comments:

  1. Hi Londyn. Well done on including so many interesting facts in your DLO. That’s great you do skiing too. You can identify with Adam and the challenges he must face. Remember to check your spelling. I like the action shot of Adam playing ice hockey. Keep up your great blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Londyn!

    I enjoyed reading about Adam and his impressive career!
    Maybe you could share the DLO that you worked on?
    Also double check your spelling, there were a few small mistakes, but it was a great DLO to read!

    Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Londyn, lots of information about Adam. Would love to see the DLO linked if possible? Little hint - proof read over your work before posting okay. Its a good habit to get into with all writing. Have a good weekend now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi London,
    I enjoyed your post about Adam Hall. Skiing is a wonderful sport that you can do at any age ( even old ladies like me!) It’s a hard enough activity to do without the disability that Adam has. Aspen is a wonderful place to ski. Maybe one day you can go there? Take a look on google, it’s very impressive!
    Keep up your good work in lockdown. I enjoy reading your posts.
    Stay safe.
    From Mrs Mackenzie 😎

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.